TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The services provided by Mundo Bags are governed by these "Terms & Conditions of Service" and it shall be considered as an integral part of each individual contract for storage, same as any other service finalized with the Customer.
Your contract for storage and for other services is entered with the Company Mundo Bags, accepting to store your luggage/item and/or to provide you with different services, you accept our terms and conditions.
Our terms and conditions apply to our employees, directors and the services performed within the Mundo Bags stores, any other services provided by the partner network, even those obtained within the store, are the exclusive responsibility of the contracted company.
The service of Mundo Bags consists in Collect, Keeping in storage and Delivery your luggage/items for the period indicated on your receipt (from the day and time of delivery of the luggage/item(s) to the estimated day and time of collection you indicated on the receipt).
The amount of the service must be paid in advance. (At the time of booking or at check in of luggage / items).
For delay in the withdrawal of luggage / items, will be charged an additional amount referring to the hours exceeded.
A coded seal (to access the customer's data) will seal the bags and given to the customer a form with all service registration. In case of loss or theft of this service registration form, the customer must have a Identification document used in the registration phase, to collect the bags. Otherwise, Mundo Bags will not delivery the bags.
Only the contractor (person with name registered on the receipt) can make the withdrawal of luggage / items.
Our Services are open from 9am to 7pm, seven days a week. There is a extra cost for services outside this range. So, for special cases or emergency there is a phone hotline 24 hour (see our contacts). Reservations can be made on line 24 hours a day.
If forwarding a forgotten item is requested, the Customer shall bear all costs thereof, which shall be payable in advance, plus a fee of €25 referring to administrative commission.
Any luggage / items that has not been withdrawal by 8 hours after the end of the reservation will be stored in a secure space for a maximum period of 7 (seven) days. After this time period, the luggage will be destroyed.
BANNED AND DANGEROUS ITEMS
Items prohibited by law or considered hazardous under the national legislation, as well as items which by their nature or packaging may cause harm to humans, to the environment or to other luggage, are not allowed for storage. We do not accept storage of, nor provide different services for goods which at our sole discretion are considered as hazardous.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE AND INSURANCE POLICY CONTRACT
1. MUNDO BAGS is engaged in baggage custody, transportation and shipping.
2. MUNDO BAGS service is not affiliated with cruise ship companies, pier’s consignment or lockers service, terminal managers or travel agencies. Nevertheless, if specific agreements are made, MUNDO BAGS may submit its service to the requirements and needs of companies involved.
3. By signing this contract, the client is agreeing, not only with the terms and conditions of service, but also with the time and place of the luggage pick up.
4. MUNDO BAGS reserves the right to refuse any service.
5. MUNDO BAGS has the ability or power to reject any object that may be considered dangerous, unsafe, inappropriate, due to weight, dimensions, fragility, shape or organic or perishable nature.
6. MUNDO BAGS dismisses guarding or moving objects that are outside the laws, regulations and orders of the Country where the operation is.
7. MUNDO BAGS reserves the right to request the lawful authority to search or x-ray any baggage in order to ensure they are safe and legal.
8. The client will be solely responsible for objects in his/her luggage such as money, checkbooks, credit cards, jewelry, precious metals, mobile phones, cameras, personal electronic devices, computers, medicines, watches, glasses/sunglasses, tobacco, and other valuable objects, as well as works of art.
9. MUNDO BAGS will report to the customs authorities any luggage that is potentially dangerous or illegal.
10. MUNDO BAGS states that will not open any luggage under any circumstances. Just in case of force majeure and under the requirement of the customs authorities, the client’s data will be provided as a means of identification and will MUNDO BAGS attend only as a witness of a possible official inspection operation.
11. MUNDO BAGS does not take any responsibility or liability for luggage that is not properly closed with a padlock or an alternative lock.
12. The customer is responsible for handing over luggage to MUNDO BAGS properly closed with a padlock or an alternative lock.
13. MUNDO BAGS declares to be totally unaware of the baggage content, hence it is not responsible for any loss or damage to the objects inside it.
14. MUNDO BAGS states that the luggage in the company’s custody will remain constantly guarded during the service and it will not be left in any place without surveillance.
15. MUNDO BAGS does not take any responsibility or liability for luggage that cannot guarantee its integrity by not being closed properly, found to be broken, for having broken locks, being at risk of accidental opening or loss of part of the content.
16. The client guarantees the information and data provided are accurate and true. In case of error in a possible shipping address, the customer shall bear the costs accrued.
16. It is mandatory showing this copy of this contract when picking up the luggage.
17. To ensure quality of service and safety, MUNDO BAGS may request the costumer’s ID or passport when depositing or picking up the luggage.
18. At the luggage claim, the customer must sign this contract once again to certify their agreement with the delivery, thereby waiving any subsequent claims.
19. All the luggage’s that will not be picked up before 19:00h the same day, will be considered luggage unclaimed or abandoned. Otherwise you will be charged minimum €10 per piece/day. The client will have pay when the bags will be collected.
20. MUNDO BAGS has no obligation to contact the customer who has not collected his/her luggage at the time agreed.
21. Will be considered luggage abandoned if after 12 hours the client has not collected the bags or contacted with MUNDO BAGS.
22. If case of being considered abandoned, luggage will be transferred and kept by MUNDO BAGS in its facilities, for 72 additional hours.
23. During those 72 hours after the declaration of abandonment, MUNDO BAGS will do its best to reach the customer, within its capabilities and with the information provided by the customer him/herself.
24. In case of abandoned luggage, MUNDO BAGS will be taken the luggage to a buffer warehouse for a maximum of 30 days, the storage fees falling upon the responsibility of the customer, minimum €10 per piece/day, after this period it may be destroyed.
25. In case of being considered unclaimed, MUNDO BAGS reserves the right to sending the luggage depending on the availability of the shipping agencies, as long as the customer has paid the shipping and handling fees and has provided the necessary documentation for customs clearance.
26. In case of total or partial loss of baggage by MUNDO BAGS, due to MUNDO BAGS’s poor management, you will be compensated up to a maximum of €150 per piece of luggage.
27. If the luggage is found to be broken, the customer will be asked to provide proof of purchase of the same one. Only structural damage may be claimed. The insurance does not cover pull up handles, handles, straps or wheels.
28. MUNDO BAGS will only accept claims submitted at the time to collection; if appropriate, the compensation has a maximum of €20 per piece of luggage.
29. If for any reason under MUNDO BAGS control, cannot meet the delivery schedule previously established, MUNDO BAGS are committed to send the luggage to the customer’s home. The client should not miss the flight under any circumstances. In that case, MUNDO BAGS are not responsible
This contract is subject to the jurisdiction of Oporto’s Courts of Arbitration and to the International Trade laws of the current Portuguese Commercial Code; especially in reference to the fees for loss or damage, the customer waiving any jurisdiction other than the indicated one. THE CLIENT, by hiring this service, must express to MUNDO BAGS whether he/she wants the luggage insured or under the regime of customs declaration value, telling the operator agent and assuming the costs. MUNDO BAGS may refuse to perform the service due to the value declared by the Customer. THE CUSTOMER is responsible for providing a truthful, accurate and detailed description of the merchandise, goods, weight and luggage brands, and especially for reporting of quality of dangerous belongings.
THE CUSTOMER hires this service to ship the luggage or package to the address consigned on the invoice to be made no later than 72 actual hours UTC. The hours will be calculated from the first delivery attempt. There will be up to 2 delivery attempts with a delivery notice. On the second attempt, the luggage will be taken to a buffer warehouse for a maximum of five days, the parking fees falling upon the responsibility of the customer, after this period it may be destroyed.